CANDLE CARE & SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Violet Rose Living is not liable for any injury or damages caused by improper use of candles.
Candle Care & Safety Instructions:
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Keep the burning candle in your sight at all times.
- Avoid burning candles near any drafts, doing so will cause rapid and uneven burning and excessive dripping.
- Trim the wick to 1/4 inch before you light the candle
- Never burn a candle near anything that could catch fire.
- Burn candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, linens, carpets, books, paper and flammable decorations.
- Keep hair and loose clothing away from burning flame.
- Avoid burning candles near combustible materials.
- Do not burn for more than two hour increments and trim the wick in between each burn.
- Always store candles in a cool, dark, dry place. They should be stored flat to prevent warping.
- Always keep wicks trimmed to one-half inch. Long or crooked wicks cause uneven burning and dripping.
- Candles will fade if left in the light for an extended period of time. Never put candles in a window or directly expose them to bright outdoor light or indoor spotlights.
- Candles should always be burned in proper candle-holders or bases and should be a minimum of two and half inches apart from each other when burning outside a holder.
- If you plan to use your candles in close proximity to other items, fabrics, materials or decor we recommend not burning/lighting them and using them for display purposes only.
- Extinguish candles with a candle snuffer.
- Extinguish the candle if the flame becomes too high or begins to flicker repeatedly
- If a wick becomes too short to light, carve away enough wax to expose the fresh wick, then trim ¼” off the top of the candle and burn the candle to reform its appearance.
- Never use the candle as a night light or while you may fall asleep
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 2 inches
Do not place tapers on to sconces with a pin base, this may crack the base of the candle